Thames Valley Positive Support
HIV Support Service
TVPS offer emotional and practical support to people affected by HIV living in Berkshire and North Hampshire. The charity has been offering HIV support services since 1985.
With centres in both Slough and Reading services include a weekly open-house, counselling, peer support, and advice and advocacy on issues such as immigration, debt, housing and benefits. Whether you are newly diagnosed, have been living with HIV for a while or are a partner, carer or family member of someone living with HIV, TVPS can help support you.
TVPS also offer HIV awareness raising, educational and training sessions to schools, organisations and business’.
TVPS produces an award nominated podcast, The HIV Podcast, which aims to spread HIV awareness and education. Released every Friday, you can find The HIV Podcast on all major podcast platforms. The HIV Podcast | Podcast on Spotify
This podcast is produced and owned by Thames Valley Positive Support and is in no way linked or affiliated with Safe Sex Berkshire or Berkshire East and West councils.
Call: 01628 603400
TVPS launched Time to Test, a community HIV testing initiative, in January 2014. Time to Test offers free, rapid HIV testing in discreet venues throughout Berkshire, offering a high level of confidentiality.
- Finger prick test uses a small amount of blood to give results in 60 seconds
When you test with us
- With every test you will have a pre and post test discussion so you can talk over any concerns or ask any questions you may have
- You will receive your results at the appointment
- We see people by pre-booked appointment only, but will do our best to find a day and time that fits in around your schedule.
- We have day time and evening appointments available
- When booking your appointment we only require your first name and a phone number or e-mail address
- The venue address will be given when you make contact with us
- You can book by phone or e-mail
To find out more or to book a test
Call: 01628 603400 or 01189 353730
Afterparty is a service run by TVPS and offers advice and support to anyone affected by or involved in chemsex, living in Berkshire. If you would like advice or support, please e-mail email@example.com
For more information about TVPS and the services they provide, visit www.tvps.org.uk